Consulting the Tarot - the importance of the question

It sometimes happens that clients come for their first reading and are a bit surprised when I ask them for a question. I suppose the word "reading" does imply that I will be able to see their future, reveal influences around them, events that are at hand... and while this is true, or possible.. I prefer not to read that way.

I strongly prefer to use the Tarot to provide clarity, direction, and insight that will empower people to make the best decisions possible under the present circumstances, or to find ways to improve those circumstances so that their lives move in the direction they prefer.

When I offer readings, I trust that my clients are sitting with me willing to be open to the reading process. Now, I still have the skeptical few clients who want to "test" the psychic, or ask questions to see if I am "real" or not. This puts me at a distinct disadvantage as I am sure we, the reader & the seeker, are co-creating the session.

I work very well with those people who already believe that the world is a mysterious, unfolding process where we participate in the creation of our realities. So, when people ask questions and energetically mask themselves, the outcome cannot be as accurate, nor as useful as a reading will be when we are both open to the process.

I am always honored when people choose to have their first reading with me, and write these little articles to help new seekers feel more comfortable with the reading process. I will be at the Midnight Sun this Saturday, 2/28/09 and have appointments available from 11:15 AM onwards.

If you would like to schedule a reading, please call the office at (904) 993-7466. Of course you are welcome to stop by to say hello.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buyer Beware! Not All Consultants Can See The Future.

Insight • Psychic Clarity for Everyday Concerns

Soul Mate or Past Life Return? Notes on Energy & Relationship by Ann George