"It's in the blood." In defense of a published quote in Florida Times Union article quoting Ann George.

Greetings and best wishes to all,

This will be a short post to speak to a quote published recently in a Times-Union article on psychics.

I received a call from a journalism student who was clearly unfamiliar with psychism  in general, as well all all things occult, mystic, and paranormal. As I am fond of true journalism, I invested at least an hour an a half in two conversations to try to help her understand that reducing an ancient practice to 1000 words was going to be quite hard.

I did my best to refer her to my website, invite her to limit the scope of the article, and to provide her a better understanding of people who are born clairvoyant.  One  of my goals in particular was to reposed to her question about whether or not all people are psychic, how it happens that I am psychic, and other tangental questions.

My quote - "It's in the blood." - was the summary of a long conversation about the fact that the ability to see the future, to have precognition, to see spirits, and to be able to see past events might well be a trait that his inherited. I did provide her a good deal of information, made a concerted effort to help her gain an understanding of my practice,  and I do realize her article was subject to editing.

All the same, I do feel my time was not well spent as my only quote is the rather primitive assertion the newspaper saw fit to publish. Regardless, I do think it is important to accept that some people are just born with the ability to see the future.

Many readers will tell you they are third, fourth or even seventh generation psychics. I know that I have ancestors who are gifted as well as living relatives who have the ability to "know" or to "see" things before they happen.

My point was that psychic ability, just like hair color, may be in the basic DNA of a person, beyond their control, and a fact they must come to terms with.  I often consult people who are in fact very uncomfortable with their ability to have visions, see spirits and to know the future.

There is very little support in this country (USA) for those people who are gifted. Many feel as if they are going crazy and are ashamed to seek counseling.  The article was a step forward, a bit sideways, but forward all the same.

I would like to add now that even thought a person may be gifted at birth, there are those who are determined to master that gift, to train, to study, and practice or apprentice, so that they may provide their clients the most accurate reading possible.

I apprenticed under a well respected reader back in 1995 as well, I trained at various psychic fairs here in town to be sure that I was able to connect with my clients and the Akashic each time I was called upon to read.  I continue to study to this day.

I hope that those who read the article will also note this is a misquote:

"Psychics possess a number of abilities which allow them to provide a number of services, George said. These include tarot readings, in which a special deck of cards is used to help divine the prophecies, and the use of ritual candles for meditation purposes. Many psychics also claim to have an array of healing powers. "

I do not "divine the prophecies." I am not a prophet and have never claimed such status. I do not use candles in my readings. I do hand pour and sell ritual meditation candles to be used by any one who chooses to purchase them, but I do not sell candle magic of any kind. 

As to the statement " Many psychics also claim to have an array of healing powers. " I do not recall saying anything like that. It is true that many who offer readings are also trained energy healers, and I may have said that. 

It is my hope that if you saw the article, you will visit my site and realize that I am far more articulate, and far more willing to help everyone who choses to, come to an understanding of the psychic arts. 

Wishing you peace in all things. 

Ann George


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buyer Beware! Not All Consultants Can See The Future.

Insight • Psychic Clarity for Everyday Concerns

Soul Mate or Past Life Return? Notes on Energy & Relationship by Ann George