What Does That Card Mean?

From time to time in a session clients will ask "What does that card mean?". It is good question, but impossible to answer during the reading process. 

I bring three decks to every reading. You may choose the deck you prefer. I bring the "Thoth", "the Hermetic Tarot" and the "Archeaon Tarot" decks. They call contain 78 cards, and all the cards have the same interpretations - so your choice of deck does not affect your answer in any way.

It is my hope that by choosing a deck you prefer, one that feels good to you, or is pretty to you, you will begin to be more comfortable during the session. 

All decks are correct in that there are two male and two female court cards. This balance is true to the underlying mystery school of Tarot, and I honor that. 

So, at any given time the following is true. Each card has at least 10 possible interpretations. Different aspects of the many meanings of any card may be more important than others depending on the questions. 

I use the Tarot as a key to open the Akashic record as well as validator for what I am seeing. I do not read the cards one by one. I feel they must be viewed as a landscape. 

There are the elements, the planets, the signs, the numerology, of each card and then those cards in relation to the others on the table that each is a part of the whole answer. 

When you ask me to tell you the meaning, I can do so by telling you in general some of the traditional interpretations. It has not yet been useful for me to take one card out of a 16 card spread (I follow the Golden Dawn suggestions) and tell the meaning. 

If we allow the Tarot to flow and fall in response to your question, to your visualizations, my experience is that very clear answers are revealed. This is one of the reasons that Tarot readings by phone are very useful.

Many times clients will react to the names printed on the top or bottom of the cards and have a negative reaction .... perhaps to the Death card... which seldom indicates the death of a being is at hand. 

This can be disturbing, cause a client to lose focus, and can affect their ability to hear the full answer. I always suggest that my clients allow me to read the cards for them.  

If you choose to study Tarot for yourself, and if you want to learn the meanings, allow me to suggest the you  begin with the "Hermetic Tarot" by Godfrey Dowson. It is far and away the best study deck I have used.  

Ann George

© Ann George Studios, Inc. 
@2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buyer Beware! Not All Consultants Can See The Future.

Insight • Psychic Clarity for Everyday Concerns

Soul Mate or Past Life Return? Notes on Energy & Relationship by Ann George